Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Ear Piercing Adventure

We took Sophie to get her ears pierced yesterday!


We went to Claires. The lady took a marker to dot Sophie's ears before piercing them...
She reminded me of my sister Nikki with how much of a perfectionist she was... I'm not complaining though. I wouldn't want uneven ear piercings.
She was all smiles before the piercing...
I didn't get any of her crying from during the piercing, but they were short-lived so that was good :)
I debated about whether I wanted to have her ears pierced now or when she was 13 and could decide for herself. I could see benefits to both. I decided I didn't have much of an opinion either way, so I asked Ben, and he said he thought we should do them now. So we did them, and they're super cute!

3 comments:

  1. I think they're cute! And since you got it done now, she'll never remember the trauma, whereas if she got it done when she was 13, she might tell horror stories for the rest of her life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^sarah, haha ;)
    i love baby girl ear piercings :) good call, ben!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alisha,

    I think you're a smart and thoughtful mommy for having your dd's ears pierced now. She'll thank you later for the "gift of pierced ears."

    Our Ped gave me some " Tips for moms having their dd's ears pierced and " Care for Newly Pierced Ears" since she had so many moms ask about having their infants and little girls ears pierced.

    I know cerebrally, as mothers of girls of all ages, we know it celebrates their femaleness and femininity. After all, they are little girls, right?

    If any other moms would like any of our ped’s tips for piercing, then don’t hesitate to write me an e-mail. They include OTC meds to minimize any discomfort as well as how to find the most experienced person to pierce her ears.

    Angie
    angietune@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete