Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Sophie's Development [2 Year, 2 Months]

Sophie's not quite 2 months into her second year, but close enough. Yes, it's true... I have a two year-old. She certainly shows her sinful, naughty side often enough... but I would say overall that the twos haven't been terrible (yet). :)

Words: She's speaking Spanish now! haha. She loves Dora and has learned the words "abre" (open) and "ayudame" (help me), and uses them appropriately. She doesn't say them perfectly, but she doesn't say her English words perfectly either. She continues to talk a lot.

Learning: She's counting to 14 now! She still often skips the number 3, and sometimes she says "eleventeen" instead of eleven. Love it! She has learned more letters when she sings her ABCs. For colors, she knows purple and yellow but still is 50/50 on the rest of her colors.

Sleep: Great, other than waking up earlier some mornings now! With it getting lighter earlier in the morning, she sometimes wakes up closer to 6:45 (or even 6:30 occasionally) rather than my desired time of 7:30... or 8. haha, I love my sleep! She does take great naps though. And I love summertime, so I won't complain about it getting light out early.

Potty Training: Other than nap and nighttime, I consider Sophie to be completely potty trained. She does still have accidents several times a week, but the majority of her pee and poo goes in the toilet, and she tells me when she has to go... so I consider her trained :)

Funny Things: This child is so OCD! One night she climbed into bed and was getting ready to lay down on her pillow and said, "Uh oh!" I asked her what the matter was, and she proceeds to take her pillow and turn it around and said, "There." Apparently, it's not acceptable for Minnie Mouse to not be facing the right way when Sophie sleeps on her pillow. She also has gotten to the stage where she is good at thinking of excuses for why she must get out of bed before falling asleep at night... my favorite one is when she comes out and says, "I got boogie!" and shows us the booger that is on her finger. We make her go to bed with a tissue now. She also tells us all.the.time: "I very hungry!" Another thing she's been doing lately is getting down on all 4s and saying, "I doggy" and then licking my leg. Lovely. One week, we were shopping for clothes for Sophie and she got tired of us trying them on... so when I went to get her dressed the next morning she cried out, "No Mommy, it fit me! It fit me!"

Sweet Things: She comes up to me and says, "I love you Mommy" or "I missed you sooo much, Mommy" and hugs my leg. So sweet! She also is such a sweetheart to Brielle (most of the time- other than when she threw a book at her head or when she purposefully stepped on her...). When she starts getting grouchy, Sophie will say, "It ok, Bee-elle." She also tells her she loves her and that she's cute (Bee-elle sooo cute). She gives kisses and hugs (death hugs) to her too. She asks me, "Where daddy at?" when he's gone.

Bible Knowledge: She's beginning to understand better, so I've been reading her stories from her Bible story book. She now asks me to show her pictures of the following: the "naughty snake", Noah, Jesus, and Sarah. She also enjoys singing Jesus Loves Me.

Foods: Mac N Cheese, frozen waffles (still frozen is still her favorite way), chocolate, yogurt, fruit, applesauce, hot dogs

Likes: seeing family (aunts, uncles, grandparents), going outside, wagon rides, tv shows (dora, curious george, elmo, blue's clues), cameras, drawing (scribbling), eating, baths, swinging, going on walks outside

Dislikes: bedtime, not being able to do something (she's impatient), being dropped off at nursery, leaving family, having to share





2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I love Sophie. I am excited to reunite her with Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this!!! It's so fun to read how similar she and Em are... even from across the country. Love our talkative little girls! Emma has not caught on to Dora's spanish so well except the occasional "por favor" which sounds more like "por-por-por". And those pics are adorable! You're getting use out of the new camera!

    ReplyDelete