Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sophie's Development [2.5 Years]


Sophie is 2 and a half!!! That means I’ve been a mommy for two and a half years- no wonder it’s hard to remember what life was like before.



Words: She talks all the time and continues to amaze me with words she picks up on. She still says some pronouns wrong. For instance, tonight she said, “Her figured it out” instead of “She figured it out.” Another thing she says quite a bit that makes me smile is, “It’s actually mine” or “it’s actually Brielle’s.”

Learning: She’s been learning new songs in childcare. She’s learned “I’m in the Lord’s Army” and “My God is so big” and “Zaccheus.” I’ve started working on memorizing verses with her, and she’s a fast learner! She’s also learned how to pedal on tricycles.

Sleep: She is going to sleep better at night. She usually doesn’t put up a fight anymore, but occasionally she still will. She goes to bed between 8:30 and 9pm and sleeps until 7 or 7:30am (usually the earlier though). She naps for 2-2 ½ hours, usually laying down between 1:30 and 2pm.

Potty Training: Same… Still doing great during the daytime. Still wears diapers for naps and night.

Funny Things: 
1.    Ben was explaining to Sophie that our neighbor’s name is Gordan. When he told her this, she said, “He the little man on your shorts, Daddy!” Ben was confused for a second and asked her what she meant, and she said, “The little man who plays basketball on your shorts!” Ben laughed and explained to her that, in fact, our neighbor and Michael Jordan are not the same.
2.   She does things, like put on her shoes, and then says, “You so proud of me, Mommy?”
3.   She thinks it’s funny to do something to herself (like run into a trash can) and then say, “Sorry Sophie”… and then giggle really loud
4.   She puts her hand over her mouth and laughs really loud when she thinks something is funny (or knows something is supposed to be funny)
5.    She knows Ben and I call each other Babe, so sometimes she will call us Babe or play with her toys and call them Babe.
6.   Ben will ask her, “Am I your favorite daddy?” And she’ll say, “Noooo.” Then he’ll ask, “Well who’s your favorite daddy then?” And she’ll say, “The other one!”
7.   Some poop stories because they're too funny not to share: “Bye, bye poop!” “It’s fun saying bye-bye to my poop” -and- "My poop is sleeping. I need to wake it up... with my butt!" (I don't know where she comes up with these things)
8.   After picking up a spider by its leg and throwing it outside (all on her own accord, I should add): “We gonna pick Brielle up and put her outside so she can crawl? Just like a spider?”
9.   “Please can I may have a banana?” … the polite way for a 2 year old whose mama was an English major to ask for a banana

Sweet Things
1.    While eating spaghetti “Thanks, Mom for making food. I like this food!” No prompting or anything. So sweet J
2.   She calls Brielle “hunnie” and she’ll say, “aw, hunnie.”

Bible Knowledge: She has learned a few more Bible stories and really likes her Bible storybook. She always wants to look at pictures of Noah and Jesus. She understands praying and thanks Jesus for lots of things/people. She has started memorizing verses.

Foods: She’s really slowed down on eating lately! Her favorites are fruit snacks, capri suns, cheese, yogurt, hot dogs, fruit, and goldfish. She also loves Ranch (thanks to her daddy).

Likes: Playing at the playgrounds with her friends, playing in the water, pretending, reading books, singing, her teddy bear, wagon/stroller rides, Nemo, making Brielle laugh, her class

Dislikes: Having to share, bedtime, messiness, hurting herself












2 comments:

  1. I love all of the Funny Things! I can just imagine her saying all of those :) She is so adorable and so hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so beautiful! I think she looks like you in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete