Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Another Miller Baby!

We are so excited to be pregnant again with our second baby. We hoped and prayed for this baby. We wanted to have a baby close in age to Sophie, and we also really hoped to have a baby in our year off from schooling... it was difficult at times to be have a newborn while going back to classes. I'm so glad I'll have 6 months at home with this baby before we go to the Missionary Training Center.

I am around 11 weeks pregnant and due in early February. Now that it's facebook official, I'll try to use this blog to keep up with some baby stuff (incase any of you wonder, I try to keep the other blog more "family/missions" related and this one more "baby/mommy" related since I know some of the people who follow our regular blog don't really care about breastfeeding or cloth diapers or morning sickness :) 

Speaking of morning sickness... I actually get night sickness. Blech! It's still sticking around a little, but thankfully I think it's on it's way out. I haven't thrown up as much this time as I did with Sophie, but I think part of it is because learned to manage my food better (what to eat/not eat, when to eat/not eat, etc). I still felt sick almost every night. I was sick earlier this time (6 weeks instead of 8 weeks).

Food aversions? I really dislike meat during the first trimester. I remember being the same with Sophie too. Even the thought of some of my favorite meats can make me gag. It's so weird how that happens. I also didn't care too much for veggies or salad. 

Food likes? (I don't really have cravings)... toaster waffles! I ate them morning and night a number of times. They always sounded good and always sat well with me. I just but margarine on them - no syrup.

I've been more tired this time. Not sure if it's just because I have Sophie now or if it's because it's a different pregnancy. I've been going to bed by 10pm almost every night though, which is 2 hours earlier than my normal bedtime. It's been nice. 

Today was my first appointment. It was wonderful, and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was a strong healthy 172.

And here are some early preggo belly pictures...

7 weeks:
 10 weeks:

10 comments:

  1. You're adorable :) I'm excited to see your belly really big in a few months. Although I doubt you'll get REALLY big. Anyway...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again Alisha!! I got the night sickness too with this pregnancy- always around midnight the nausea kicked in- that's actually how I figured out that I was preggo right at 6 weeks! Sophie is going to be a great older sister! I definitely feel more tired this pregnancy- working 40 hrs ( sometimes more) and taking care of my cute crazy Curtis is absolutely exhausting. All I know is God Bless Single mothers- I couldn't do it alone!! Can't wait to see your baby bump grow- mine totally popped out early but the weight gain has been pretty slow- haven't gotten to that "i'm famished" stage yet, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, I didn't know you were pregnant again!! Now that you don't have facebook, I can't keep up with you :) How far along are you?

      Delete
    2. I know I'm a little MIA- it's been a crazy stressful year with all the unknowns and changes, so I decided to nix FB for a while, maybe come back to share pics of Camden- he's due in October- be here too soon. My hubby kept his FB and my sis Emily Calvert still has hers sometimes with pics of Curtis. I know I should get into blogging, at least to capture the cute things lil Curtis does- we'll see maybe I'll take a stab at it once i get a few weeks of short term disabilty aka 'maternity leave' from my work.

      Delete
    3. YES! You should definitely start a blog!!

      I totally understand you not having a FB though- you're so busy! I can't imagine working full time!! While having a baby and being pregnant... Also I love the name Camden! It's on my boys list of names :) We won't use it if this one is a boy, but I still really like it!!

      Delete
  3. Yay!! So excited for you guys!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!!! I saw you this weekend at Alyssa's wedding and i actually wondered if you were expecting haha anyways very happy for you and Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could do this again! I miss this exciting time, and all the anticipation. :-) I'm so happy for you!! Can't wait to follow your pregnancy, and hope for a happy and healthy nine months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was all about the toaster waffles!

    ReplyDelete