Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Baby Miller #2 Update [25 Weeks]

[22 Weeks]

Wait, what did that say? 25 weeks??? Wow, this pregnancy is flying by! I know everyone says your pregnancies after your first go much faster because you're busier, but I think the main reason it's going faster for me is because I'm not wishing the moments away. With Sophie, I didn't have a child yet, and I just couldn't WAIT to meet her. Of course, I can't wait to meet this sweet little girl, but I don't want to wish away the moments I have with Sophie right now because I'm enjoying her too much. And by time this little girl comes, Sophie will almost be TWO! I'm not ready to wish away these months. So I'm just enjoying them for tall they're worth :)

Sickness: I get heartburn every night now, and I get it throughout the day if I eat more than 3 bites too. It kind of stinks, but it could be worse, and I'm holding out hope that it means this baby will have a lot of hair too! I take tums, but it never takes it completely away. I haven't thrown up since around 20 weeks, so it's nice to be staying away from the toilet. I have a lot of energy. I love the second trimester. 

Movement: I still feel kicks all the time, and now I feel movement as well. It's so amazing <3. I learned that the reason I feel this baby so much more than Sophie is because my placenta is in a different spot. So interesting, but it makes sense. Occasionally, all the kicks and movement are uncomfortable, but it's so enjoyable and reassuring to feel this little life inside of me.

Pain: No real pain yet. My back was hurting pretty bad the other day, and I realized it was because I was still sleeping on my belly sometimes. So sadly, I've had to give up the belly sleeping. Sleeping on just my back and side has definitely improved the condition of my back.

Gender: We found out 6 weeks ago that we're having another sweet little girl. We are so excited. I was guessing boy, so I was surprised! It will be so fun for Sophie to have a sister close in age, and it will be nice to be able to use all of Sophie's clothes again.

Weight Gain: I'm up 14 pounds now! I only gained 21 pounds total with Sophie, so I think I'm going to gain more than I did with her. That's fine though, because I started at a lower weight than I did with her. I'm still wearing my regular jeans (no maternity), but I am having to start to unbutton and use my bella band as the buttons are getting uncomfortable. Maternity will still be too big for me though.

2 comments:

  1. Love the update, Alisha! I'm so excited to meet your little girl...but I SO relate with you not wanting to wish these months away. I remember even up til the very end of my pregnancy saying that I just wanted to enjoy my last few weeks/day with only 2 kids! But now that Abel's here, I can't imagine our lives without him :)

    And I can't believe you only gained 21 pounds with Sophie! You are just THE cutest pregnant person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love when other people find out what they are having! Your pictures were SO cute, too! Okay, at first, I didn't see the caption on this picture that says 22 weeks and thought it was your 25 week picture and I was like....umm, Alisha, you make me look SO FAT. ha! But, I'm probably about as big as you were at 22 weeks and I'm at 19. However, compared to what I was with Graysen, I am WAY smaller. But, like you, I did start out at a lower weight this time around. So weird about you getting heartburn so early...normally it's not till later on! I had it really bad with Graysen in my third trimester I think...but not till then. Anyways, love your updates and love you!

    ReplyDelete