Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Little Copy-Cat

Tonight I was reminded of the importance of being a good example to Sophie.

I cut up a strawberry and put it on her tray. She's had strawberries before. She likes them. But tonight she decided she didn't. She wouldn't even touch it when I put it on her tray even though I knew she was hungry. So I gave her a few minutes, and then I tried putting one in her mouth... she spit it out... I tried again... and again... and she kept spitting it out.

So I went to do the dishes and figured I'd give it some time. She sat there and whined some. When I finished the dishes, she still hadn't eaten even one bite. I thought it was a shame to waste the strawberries, and I knew she was hungry. So I grabbed one and ate it. She stared at me. I ate another.

Then what does she do? She picks one up and eats it. In less than 5 minutes, she had all of the pieces of strawberries eaten that had previously sat on her tray for 10 minutes.


I've noticed other areas where Sophie is a copy-cat... even at 10 months, she's alert to the world around her. I'm reminded that I need to be careful and thoughtful in what I say and what I do. I desire to be an example to Sophie not only in what I avoid doing and saying but also in what I purposefully do and say. I know it won't be good enough for me to just avoid saying certain words and watching too much tv. I also must purposefully show her the love of Christ by caring for others and using my time wisely.

3 comments:

  1. :) This is the sweetest thing. It's so true of young people to learn by observation and it sounds like you're doing a great job of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, and a good reminder! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why you should let her spend more time with her Uncle Nate...

    ReplyDelete