Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Baby Miller #2 [38 Weeks]







Sickness: My heartburn has actually been better for the past two weeks, although I still do get occasional bouts of it. Midwife said the heartburn could be better because she's dropped some.

Movement: She still pokes out a lot, but she's definitely getting more squished inside. Her head is REALLY low now, so I feel hiccups and pressure down really low. The last two days she has been pushing her foot out CREEPILY far. You know in movies or TV shows sometimes how there is sometimes a mouse that is creeping under a carpet and you can follow it's movement under the carpet even though you obviously can't see the mouse itself? That's what I feel like her foot is doing under my skin. At my last two appointments, my midwives (two different ones) have said, "WOAH, hello baby!" as soon as they touch my belly, so apparently they think that this little girl is active and defined as well.

Pain: I'm having some braxton hicks, but nothing very serious, and I haven't had any of the tightening contractions that I remembered having all over my stomach while laying in bed during the last week or two while being pregnant with Sophie. I do get some heavy pressure down low that sometimes makes me gasp a little, but it's not really painful so much as uncomfortable and surprising.

Other Symptoms: I still have the bloody nose stuff, although it seems like it may be a little better. I also had an appointment yesterday where I learned that I am 2cm dilated, 80% effaced, and baby girl's head is REALLY low (they couldn't feel her head from the outside ... could only tell when they did the cervical check). So my body is definitely gearing up for labor, but now it's just the waiting game to see how long it's going to take to "gear up."

Weight Gain: I weigh 150 now! I've gained quite a bit more with this baby than with Sophie, but I'm only a couple of pounds more than my end weight with her, so it'll be interesting to see if she weighs more at birth or not.

Other Thoughts: I found out I'm Group B Strep positive again with this pregnancy. It's not a big deal- just means they have to administer medicine into me as soon as I get to the birth center to keep the baby from getting it (they'll do this through a hep lock IV, so I won't have to be hooked up to anything). 
In the last couple of weeks, I have been getting lots of things done for the baby. I have gotten things set up for the baby, Ben and I have rearranged things, I've frozen some meals, and I have a lot of my hospital bag packed. I'm feeling mostly ready for this baby to come!
I'm excited about meeting this baby, but I don't get super anxious at the end to be done with the pregnancy like some women do. Between weeks 33 and 37, I get somewhat anxious and hope the baby will come early, but then once I hit 37 weeks I start to freak out some and don't mind waiting. This time, I'm particularly getting a little sad that Sophie won't be our only baby anymore, and so I want to enjoy all these last precious moments with her and not wish them away. I also am not extremely uncomfortable, so I don't mind waiting. I also try to take advantage of the wonderful sleep I'm getting as I know I will soon have less sleep and less time to get things done. I also usually schedule quite a few things at the end of pregnancy so that I'm keeping busy and not just sitting at home, thinking about the baby and being bored (wait, I'm a mom to a toddler now... who has time to be bored?). All that to say... I'm excited for this little girl to come, but I'm fine waiting too as well.

2 comments: