Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm the Mom, so I Get to Decide

Once early on in being a mother, I was stressed about something and another mother (I don't remember who or when) reminded me that I'm the mom. Since then, my saying when trying to make decisions that mothers have differing opinions about (which seems to be often) is, "I'm the mom, so I get to decide." I also try to remind other moms of this when they ask and are in similar situations.

There are some things as parents that you must do (or children will be taken from you). You must feed your child. You must give them shelter. You must change their diapers. But many things allow for freedom. Do your research. Ask for advice. Pray about it. Search the Bible. And then, make the decision that works best for you and your family and stand by it proudly. And the best thing? If that decision doesn't seem to work out, it's rarely too late to change your mind. :)

p.s. I found out today that I didn't win the cloth diaper contest I entered. Bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment